|Mar. 29th, 2009 02:06 pm A Hundred Reasons In Ten Minutes|
OK, OK... She was right (I don't call her King Friday for nuthin') and I couldn't do it.3 comments - Leave a comment
I *DID* manage the first fifty in 15 minutes. I think I could have done all 100 if I wasn't numbering and fixing the spastic typing.
In honor of our upcoming anniversary, I am posting segment 1 in a 346,234,627 part series:
Why I Love Julia
1. She is smart
2. She has a wicked sense of humor
3. She knows any word I can find
4. She knows about science and HOW and WHY things work
5. She is beautiful
6. She has snappy black brown eyes that light up when she's happy.
7. She has long, beautiful hair.
8. She can make her own clothes.
9. She can cook.
10. She is a person of ritual and tradition, and respects and honors mine.
11. She likes STUFF as much as I do.
12. She is fun to play board games with.
13. She is fun to play Playmobils with.
14. She lets me stage full musicals with her Playmobils.
15. She is STRONG.
16. She can fix things.
17. She can decide to build a couch and voila, there is a couch in your living room.
18. She dislikes many of the things I dislike, like noise and almond flavoring.
19. She is a type A personality
20. despite being type A, she is a lateral filer like I am
21. She knows plants and flowers
22. she will help make a beautiful yard
23. she has excellent parenting ideas for the future
24. she introduced me to coffee
25. she introduced me to the blues
26. she introduced me to Real Mountains tm
27. she " " " White People Gospel
28. " " " " simple syrup in iced coffee
29. she helps me be a neater person
30. " " " get my ADD under control
31. she encourages me to take care of my body
32. she " " " create more structure in my life
33. she values the things I am good at, like singing and talking to customer service representatives
34. she is a tech junkie like i am
35. she has Fred Flintstone feet and legs like the hot sister in Lilo and Stitch
36. she values quality over crap and looks for the best bargain
37. she counters my worse qualities such as buying crap at 99 cent stores
38. she has brought an appreciation for beauty in the universe that I rarely noticed before her
39. she has few body image issues
40. she wields a Leatherman
41. she can code
42. she can speak Latin
43. she eats the nasty chocolates in the box and thinks she's getting the good ones
44. she's good at housework
45. she knows self defense
46. she has cool art
47. CHILDREN'S LITERATURE!
48. she introduced me to Tamora Pierce, my Kitty Mama.
49. She can program the DVR.
50. She puts up with me.